Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Sense of RE-Purpose


As an avid collector, yard sale enthusiast and passionate decorator it is inevitable that I end up with bits and pieces of things just because they strike my fancy. I have said more times than I can count, "I can do something with this." As life has it, I don't always get around to doing that elusive "something." But recently a box of discarded mismatched glass candle holders caught my eye. They're the type that maybe once belonged to a decorative fixture and are somewhat useless on their own as the bottoms are not flat. I had a vision of adding chains, jump rings, beads and baubles to re-purpose them into hanging candle holders. Here is the first one, hanging from an iron stand. Voila! Reduce, Re-use RE-PURPOSE!

4 comments:

  1. Love it Rhonda! I actually have a couple of them too :-) Still where I left them a couple years ago :-( You have inspired me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty baubly thing....and beautifully photographed, Rhonda. Good job on making good your vision...even if only this one! You did what you set out to do and that counts toward the "I can do something with this" list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Now if I can just get to the other 100 things I can "do something" with...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this~!~
    it's simple and elegant and beautiful~!!~

    :)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete