Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Monday, February 23, 2009

It Certainly is....Different


One of the most difficult things about putting your creations out in the public eye is bracing yourself for the feedback. I find creating an extremely personal pursuit and sharing the fruits of my labor is a humbling experience. A few of my decoupaged mannequins are on display in the shop I manage. They do turn heads. I've grown accustomed to the puzzled stares and the occasional "What is THAT?" You can always count on children to be perfectly honest! While positive feedback has its place, I tend not to be very motivated by the opinions of others.



At the end of the day I know that I do what I do for ME. Creating is as much about the process as it is the finished piece. It's about trying to create something tangible out of the endless ideas that swirl around in my head. It is about following through on a handful of those ideas and coming up with something that does not exist anywhere else.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Rhonda! I love the way you've photographed it...and particularly adore the two main colors, hand and background. That feather? Perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! Aren't feathers the greatest? I bet they turn up here lots.

    ReplyDelete