Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Origin of Ideas


"How did you think of that?" If you're the creative type you have probably heard that question numerous times. People are always curious about what sparks a particular idea. For me, most often, inspiration interrupts my sleep. I awake suddenly in the small hours with an idea already turning around in my mind.



Ideas shape and form themselves from one thing to the next while I sleep, morphing into this or that. Once the idea has concocted itself to its liking then it alerts me. A sort of creative alarm clock, if you will. I then toss and turn a bit, firm the idea up and make mental notes. I know from experience that the ideas which visit me in the night are the ones worth pursuing. Surprisingly, I do not forget them nor do I write them down. Nocturnal inspiration may carry on like this night after night for a couple of weeks. There are fruitful periods as well as dry spells but such is the mysterious ebb and flow of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment