Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Ode to Birds

This is the fourth in a series of decoupaged mannequins I have made over the last two years. Each mannequin hosts an individual theme and is styled accordingly.


Obviously, birds was the chosen motif here. For some reason birds have a way of routinely showing up in my work.


The challenge in the construction of this mannequin was working with materials that were constantly at odds with one another; feathers and glue, bits of sticks and tulle...at one point it seemed as if one of my cats might actually attack!
These girls can be time consuming to create but lots of fun in the end.











4 comments:

  1. Oh My. I'm speechless. Your art does something to me, Rhonda. Hmm. Going to have to do some self-therapy to figure out what exactly this response is. I have never seen anything like what you do...and it's amazing. I love birds, too... but it's your adorned mannequin that really shines...touches, reaches...hmmm, yup...gonna have to think on this. Or not. Keep it simple. And just say I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny, did you do your self-therapy? Maybe I'm the one needing therapy to try to figure out why I do this sort of thing! Or maybe doing "this sort of thing" is the therapy. Anyway, glad you like Bird Girl (as Mitch calls her.) There are a couple of finishing touches yet but she was ready to greet everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so happy i finally get to see the bird girl! she is wonderful!!!! i wish i could see her in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is "Bird Girl" because I didn't come up with enough material for "Medieval Girl." Maybe she is forthcoming! Thank-you Kati, come see her any time!

    ReplyDelete