Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Collector




How does it begin? Innocently enough most often we begin to collect things. One becomes two and then we find ourselves seeking more. But why? What is it about certain inanimate objects that speak so loudly to us? Objects that we must hold on to simply because we enjoy having them around. Collections that inspire and enhance our surroundings don't need an explanation.




Perhaps the collector collects because she enjoys the very process of discovering that perfect addition to the collection. The thrill of the chase so to speak. It's what drives many a collector out into the fertile hunting grounds of thrift shops and yard sales. Collections need not be expensive or exotic as long as they bring joy!



A few things that bring me joy; white porcelain, vintage suitcases, old buttons, seashells, foreign postage stamps, maps, cookbooks, pewter and silver, bird figurines, textiles and linens, antique handkerchiefs, vintage Christmas ornaments, cookie cutters, lamps, transfer ware.....






2 comments:

  1. Great photos....and love the suitcase one in particular. Eileen is the person who sparked my own in interest in looking for suitcases...because Eileen always had such nifty looking ones. I haven't added any to my collection in awhile...but I do love looking at other people COLLECTIBLES...and reading your list of special finds that delight you. Very nicely written about, as well, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish you lived closer Rhonda... and you could explain all this to Hayward :-) He just doesn't seem to GET this concept... It's funny you posted this now because I am in the middle of clearing out my basement of many collections which have passed their prime. Which makes way for new ones! Good topic. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete