Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Creative Spaces







My friend Kim and I were posting back and forth the other day about our respective creative spaces. Particularly about how messy we tend to be when in the "creative zone." I did not share with her that creative spaces had been on my mind a great deal lately and even the topic of my next blog entry. I don't have a real artist studio but I am lucky to have at my disposal an entire unfinished basement to create in. There are drawbacks, chief among them chilly temperatures in the winter. I've soldiered through many a creative stints until my hands became too cold to cooperate! Often, I'll drag materials upstairs to the dining room. I can't help but feel I'm creating a bit of visual chaos when I relocate to our main living space. It is the basement where I am the most free creatively. Free to be messy, free to walk away without cleaning up, free to have multiple projects going on at once! It's certainly not always pretty but it's where you'll find me when I have met life's other demands.

1 comment:

  1. Makes me smile to see these photos of your creative space. It's beautiful and inviting, Rhonda! In a flash, several strong images of previous studio/creative spaces come to me in a rush. I had one that was in a basement and cold in winter...but it's the one where Earthshine became official...so I have fond memories. Then there's the one in Kentucky which really wasn't hardly a ROOM at all...and I was spread out all over the house...not good...but made more money in my years there than at any other time (so a testimoney that studio space does not = how much a person can make, moneywise. Then there's the place I'm in now...ahhh, I'll save for another posting! LOVE YOUR SPACE...and hope I get to see it some day!

    ReplyDelete