Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Busy Days


It seems as though there are never enough hours in the day! As warmer weather (finally) is upon us here in the Northwest my days are becoming busier. The Thrift Shop I run is at it's peak during the spring and fall seasons. Business increases to a very hectic pace and keeping up with customers, consignors and volunteers definitely takes it's toll! Warmer weather also means working hard to establish some sort of lawn on our rocky outcropping and adding to the flowers in my backyard border. Best of all, this time of year brings an abundance of tag sales, garage sales and flea markets. I can, without fail, be found perusing these sales every Saturday morning adding to my eclectic mix of home decor accents. All of this to say that I will most likely begin to rely more on photos and less on words during the coming months. I don't know if any of my photos are worth a thousand words but here is a lovely tulip that called out to me this morning.

4 comments:

  1. My vote is that it's worth is 1,001! At first glance I thought this was an oriental poppy! Silly me...of course, it couldn't be a poppy this early in the NW. BEAUTIFUL tulip...and the vibrant red/green combo with all the lovely light really spiked my heart rate...in that good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous~!!~ and i'm looking forward to many more of your "wordy" and beautiful shots throughout your coming busy season.

    take care.

    :)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, beautiful friends! Right now I wish there were more in bloom to photograph. I was thinking a lot about tulips today and about what color tulip is my favorite and it is (guess...) WHITE!
    I must remember that come fall and plant some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your tulips Thonda! Our are not out yet... but a lot of other things are springing up :-)I love our yard in the spring but the pollen is overwhelming- cars everywhere are yellow!

    ReplyDelete