Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Collage for Melissa







My most recent collage was received today by my childhood best friend, Melissa. She and I met shortly after we began first grade together. We lived close enough that we could walk to each other's houses and we spent endless days together making mud pies, riding bikes and walking to the corner store to buy candy. We laughed, we sang, we imagined.




As life would have it we gradually lost touch for many years. Babies were born, loved one's passed but there was never a time that I didn't think about my sweet best friend. Only recently have we reconnected and it feels so right to have her back in my life. Melissa had requested that I make a collage for her in an Asian theme. In honor of a friendship renewed here it is. Melissa, you're beautiful inside and out, you sing like an angel and I can't wait until we can "play together" again!

3 comments:

  1. good morning rhonda~!~

    was flickring and noticed your collage so i had to come for a quick visit. this is wonderful and i can't imagine that Melissa won't love it~!!~

    seeing/studying it makes me want to get out my collage supplies and get to work myself~!~ it's still pretty busy around here so i probably won't for a while but a girl can dream . . .

    :)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you, Libby! I got so nervous making a collage for someone else! I think when you get the time you should DEFINITELY collage. I can only imagine the awesome things you would create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely tribute to your friend....

    ReplyDelete