Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Unlikely Settings




Sometimes half the fun of composing and shooting photographs is choosing an interesting background. As is tends to go with creative pursuits, this can often happen somewhat by chance. While trekking around outside with my dog I decided this birdbath with ice inside would make an ideal background. But ideal for what? I settled on this necklace with clear glass beads because they seemed to echo the icy feel of the shot. I then turned to color and set up this still life using items that matched the birdbath's indigo hue for a monochromatic look. Keep your eyes open for possibility and be willing to take chances. Finding Your Style means thinking in ways that other people probably would not.

1 comment:

  1. love the eyeball!! and the cup or whatever that is looks like it's frozen and attached to the bird bath! really cool photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete