Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fashion











A "fashionista" I am not. Most days, comfort dictates what I wear. I do make an effort to put myself together when I go out. I enjoy shopping when the mood strikes and as I have a teenage daughter, the mood strikes her frequently! Fashion greatly motivates me aesthetically, however.





Often my favorite aspect of a movie or play will be the costume designs. Haute couture can be very inspiring often highlighting whimsical and outlandish designs. Vintage fashions are very inspiring as well. I love how an entire era can be identified just by looking at the fashion styles of any given time.





Colors, patterns, silhouettes and certainly hem lengths change by the season. From shift dresses to bell-bottoms, from peasant skirts to mico-minis there is certainly plenty to draw inspiration from. So while I may always be a jeans and black sweater kind of gal I can still be inspired by all things fashionable in my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment