Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Exotic







My idea of the perfect day has me strolling through a crowded outdoor bazaar. I am rummaging through piles of brightly colored textiles, stacks of intricately decorated pottery, beautiful trays of inlaid wood and plush hand-woven rugs... I can even smell spices wafting through the air....What is it about this exotic scene that speaks so loudly to me? I love using treasures that we have gathered from around the globe to decorate our home. There is nothing I love more than the look of the eccentric world-traveler's den. Bookcases laden with a curious selection of oddities, framed maps, supple leather armchairs....





My husband became quite the personal shopper for me as he trekked to parts of the world I will most likely never visit. Rugs from Turkey, carved masks from Djibouti, shawls from Oman, I will always treasure these special gifts and each finds it's place in the melange that is our home.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of fine things, Rhonda. And what a good guy Mitch is to have gotten these items for you...knowing how much you would love and cherish them. Nice photographs of your items, too! Here's to many more outdoor bazaars in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these are treasures and what beautiful spaces you have created with them~!!~ i too am a big fan of the "eccentric world traveler's den"~!!~

    :)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete