Welcome!

This site is for those who are interested in developing and sharing their unique style. It is about self-expression, originality and fun! I believe everyone has inside of them a wealth of creative energy passively waiting to be expressed. Through my love of collecting, displaying, creating and photographing I express myself and how I see the world. Let your own creative energy escape! Whether expressed through your keen fashion sense, your good eye for detail or artistic abilities, creative expression will undoubtedly enrich your life. And maybe even inspire others!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Egg Mother"




One of my favorite ways to spend creative time is collage making. Something about bringing many elements together to form a central theme is very appealing to me. Of course, certain themes show up frequently in my collages and this one is no exception. Birds and eggs are pulled together by a central feminine figure to create "Egg Mother." The sun is also a key component of this collage as it is in our earthly lives. I used bits of astrological data to signify how the universe is a constant that, at times, we do not even notice. The sun rises and sets, tides ebb and flow, the earth continues to spin on its' tilted axis, all with very little notice on our parts.



I enjoyed the process of creating "Egg Mother" and taking time to think of the continual activity of our universe. I will try to pause a little more often to marvel at the wonder of our beautiful world.

1 comment:

  1. I love the name of your latest collage. When my Mother came to visit a couple of years ago, we took a road trip from Alabama to Florida and then on to Oklahoma. Before we departed, we ordered all these astrological charts...for me, my Mom, my kids and all my siblings. My Mom read them aloud while I drove...and we had such fun comparing notes on all the similarities and differences. My good friend, Laurie Jo, often times will explain a person's behavior by saying, "it's in their chart." Now I say it! Some things about ourselves cannot be changed...it's in our chart! Your penchant for creativity and expression, Rhonda? It's in your chart!

    ReplyDelete